Monday, May 19, 2008

Lessons Learned

What did you learn today? That is the question I ask Kyler every night before we pray. It doesn't have to be anything serious, usually it isn't, it just has to be something he learned that day. Recently, he has been asking me the same question. So, I have decided to keep a list of all the things I learn in a week...so here you go:
Sunday ~ I learned that you shouldn't wear flip-flops to the ballpark. It makes for very nasty feet.
Monday ~ I learned that my red peep toe heels give me the worst blisters!
Tuesday ~ I learned that trying something new can turn out to be alright!
Wednesday ~ I learned that I give way to much advice and I should try to listen more!
Thursday ~ I learned that hair is just hair and will it grow back!
Friday ~ I learned that four hours in a car without stopping is my limit!
Saturday ~ I learned that when you ride with someone else you are no longer in control of your schedule!
Sunday ~ I learned that I should be more thankful for the blessings that I have in my life!
So there you go, a week of what I learned. Looking back it doesn't appear that I learned anything that is going to win me the Noble Prize, but at night when I go to bed I can honestly say that I was paying enough attention to my day to walk away learning something about myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try asking my kids what they learned too. what a great idea! I've enjoyed reading your blog...you have great insight!
Have a blessed day.
PS is your marshmellow clouds post about Jason? ;)
Rene' V.