Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Friend I Don't Even Know

We all have friends, some have more than others, but we all have them. The people in our life that we can count on to be there when we need someone to cry with, yell at, or to shake us back to reality. I have many people in my life that I'm lucky enough to call my friends. However, I have those two or three people that I have to talk to everyday or I feel like my day wasn't complete.
More recently, I have discovered that I have friends that I haven't even met yet. People that inspire me, people that give me strength, people that encourage me by the words that they write and yet they don't even know me. We were out of town this weekend and I found myself anxious to get back home to be able to catch up on my reading. I couldn't wait to see what interesting and insightful words they were going to have for me. I just knew it would be great words of wisdom!
As I read I felt like someone was smacking (that's an Oklahoma word) me on the head saying, "buck up (another Oklahoma phrase), what have you been thinking?" As I read the words on the screen, I started to feel my eyes fill up and the screen became blurry. Those were the words that I needed to hear telling me "my need IS worthy to Him" and "I just have to REACH OUT with one finger" and my favorite "hold on to the boat". How can a person I have never met, never seen in person, never talked to on the phone, or never even exchanged an email with know what I need to hear? I don't know exactly, my only answer is that it was God using her to shake me back to reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nikki, thank you so much for your sincerity. You have touched me with your words! I'm SOO very grateful for your encouragement. Isn't it such a cool experience when God reaches out and shows his love for us...even through strangers? I definately think we had a "God moment". Have you ever read "praying God's word?". It is a great book.
Many blessings to you and thank you
Rene'