Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Saw God Today...

Yesterday on my way home there was nothing on the radio. So, I began to do what has become a very annoying habit, even to me, I hit the SCAN button to see what I could find. On two different stations I heard this line "I saw God today..." nothing else just those words. After the second time I turned off the radio and started to think how many times do I see God in a day and don't even acknowledge Him, say thank you, or even smile at His work.
If I spent everyday with a friend and never made a reference to their presence why would they want to spend their time with me? Is God any different?
Lately I have been working on being a participant in my life, not a just spectator (prompting the "Lessons Learned" post).
So, I'm going to pay attention and take note of when I see God in my life. Like before, it may not always be serious but it will be honest.
"I saw God today...
...when Kyler woke up smiling. (5-29)
...this morning someone stopped to let me turn left in front of them. (5-30)
...when Kevin held my hand. (5-31)
...in the thunder and lightening. (6-01)
...when I saw the clouds moving. (6-02)
...when Kyler crawled onto my lap last night and went to sleep. (6-03)
...when I was cooking dinner and no one interrupted me. (6-04)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you posed the question of if you spent everyday with a friend and never made a reference to their presence..why would they want to spend their time with me? I believe that God is different than how we would humanly react. Your question definately prompts a thought in me..."how many times did God reveal himself and his plan for me and I was too busy talking that I didn't listen?" I am going to start participating in life too. I think that it's good advice!