Monday, June 07, 2010

paddle boats, ducks, a creek, and smiles

What a great day! That's all I can say about Sunday. My parents came down to visit and we had a GREAT day! We ate lunch at the Monte Ne Inn where they only serve one southern menu: appetizer of Navy bean soup and crackers, the entree fried chicken, cole slaw, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn, and fresh baked bread with apple butter. All served home style and all you can eat. Then, for an additional charge there is dessert! Of course we had to try it, cherry cheese cake, chocolate fudge cake with ice cream, and blackberry cobbler with ice cream. It was slap your grandma good!

After lunch we drove over to Lake Atalanta, which isn't really a lake but it's bigger than a pond. We rented paddle boats, fed the ducks, and Kyler dunked his feet in the spring fed creek. I just thought I would share a few pics with everyone. Enjoy!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You comment about it being bigger than a pond cracked me up. :) Hope you are doing well. next time you are in Commerce let me know ;) we need to meet for coffee again and catch up.