Monday, August 02, 2010

my momma

On this day some fifty-five plus years ago my Nana gave birth to my momma! (I would never tell her age!)
I don't write or talk about my mom much because when I do I start to tear up and that is not my favorite thing, so this will be short.
My grandparents raised a wonderful, beautiful, smart, and caring, daughter and my daddy married her. My mom is the one reason I never wanted to have children...because I knew I could never do as good of a job as she did. I love her more than I ever told her.
I was and maybe still am, a daddy's girl. I spent every second I could with my dad. Given a choice, spend the day with dad in the garage or the kitchen with mom, daddy won every time. My momma never said a word, except, "Go and have fun."
As I grew up we would argue and have our moments of anger, Daddy would tell me that it was because we were so much alike. I hated that then, now it is the greatest compliment...I love you Momma, happy birthday!

No comments: