Monday, December 15, 2008

Just for a Laugh

I would never do this unless I thought that it would make someone laugh. So here goes some self humiliation. The picture below is of me and my friend Jason when we were about four or five, I think, I know that we hadn't started school yet. I'm a little sketchy on all the details, but I think his parents were having a ditch dug to run a water line to the barn, maybe? It had rained and rained that May and the ditch was full of water. Like most little kids, we thought it would be great to play in that muddy water. I don't remember how long we were in there. I just remember us laughing, throwing mud at each other, and Jason pretending to shave! When our parents found us they didn't even get upset, they just laughed and took our pictures. When we were ready to go inside and get cleaned up, there was no way that Colleen was going to let us in her house all muddy. So, they took the outside garden hose and showered us off! It was freezing! I remember running around Jason's back yard screaming because the water was so cold!



This is the memory that I go to when things start to get a little to serious in my life. To be honest, sometimes it stinks to be a grown-up and right now some of my friends just need to laugh! My outfit alone is enough to make you chuckle, zip up jumpsuit! What was my mom thinking?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha..I've never seen this photo! I've heard the story many times..but this is to funny and cute!
Thanks for sharing.. and yes, we all need to lighten up a little and laugh. I often find myself looking at my children and thinking, "I remember when..."