Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Day After

When I started to write this post I had several thoughts swirling in my head. I was trying to collect them in a manner that didn't sound like gibberish, not that it would be any different than any other post. When suddenly Luke 23:34 came to me, "Then Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.' And they divided His garments and cast lots." Today, I feel as if "we the people" are the ones at the foot of the cross casting lots.
The last few days I have been called many things for being a Republican, by people who claimed to be my friends; a sheep (for following others), a redneck, stupid, ignorant, uneducated, and even a racist. Today, I am letting go of all that and moving on. My prayer for them and for America, is that God will not turn His back on us like we have turned our back on Him.

No comments: