Thursday, June 12, 2008

Her Faith

This morning my best friend called me and asked me to say a prayer for them. Christy and Tim have five children under the age of ten and so my first response was "What happened? What's wrong?" She quickly assured me that nothing was wrong and proceeded to tell me that the owner of the house that they have been looking at to buy came by their house last night and wanted to discuss house swapping with them.

They put an offer in on this house months ago, it is exactly what they need; more square footage, unbelievable kitchen, fenced backyard, better location. So, the negations began, but to no avail they couldn't come to an agreement. Christy kept thinking that is our house somehow this is going to work out, but refused to get her hopes up. So, I'm doing what she asked and I am praying and believing with her and her family that this is their house and if it doesn't work out she will keep her faith, she will be content in what she has, and know that according to Philippians 4:19, "my God will liberally supply; fill to the full, your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Nikki for being such an amazing friend! As you know, the house isn't ours. But I do still have faith that there is one out there for us, and our current house is just perfect for someone else out there! (Maybe with only 2 children..hee hee) Thank you for yours prayers, and mostly for just being my best friend! You are wonderful to my kids, and you are always there for me! I love Kyler like one of my own children, and Kevin, well he's ok too..hee hee Just kidding, he is great too! He is always willing to 'coach' my kiddos along! I want to Thank God for bringing you into my life, taking you out so I could learn the value of our friendship, and bringing you back into our lives! I know that no matter where either of us live or what is going on in our lives, you will always be my best friend! I love you!